Thursday, October 26, 2006

Catherine Zeta-Jonestown Massacre

Alright, I keep having this dream and I really need to tell somebody about it.

I'm this ancient city, a fortress really. I've got high walls and lookouts. I am impenetrable. Naturally, as a city, I am a thriving metropolis of art, culture and politics. One day, a gift is left outside my walls. It's a large wooden horse and I'm so impressed by the gift that I open my gates and let it in. It's a really beautiful horse and everybody admires it. That night, however, I am hyper-aware of its presence, because I know how these things work... But the night passes, uneventfully and the next day some of the children decorate the horse with flowers and things. I am still suspicious and do not trust that this gift is legit. Several weeks go by and still, no enemies emerge from within the horse. The anticipation is unbearable.

Some of the soldiers get drunk one night and decide to ride the horse around town. As they do this, they knock the horse off its stand and it shatters, like a pinata. Only, there is no candy inside. There is nothing inside. It was just a beautiful shell. The soldiers collect the pieces and throw them into a pile. The whole town comes out to mourn the loss of the pretty pony. The remains are lit on fire and it lights up the whole city. It was very sad, really.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I just can't figure out exactly what this dream means. Obviously, part of the message is that I need more fiber in my diet. Also, I should probably give up my dreams of becoming a child-bride... Other than that, I have no idea what my subconscious is trying to tell me. I did write a musical called "The Trojan Whores", when I was thirteen, but somehow I think that's irrelevant. It would have been perfect for Catherine Zeta-Jones, since the lead character used her ample thighs to crush the enemy army. If I ever had to take out an army, I'm not sure how I would do it. Maybe I could just let them read my dream journal.

3 comments:

bluestocking said...

This dream is even weirder than the dream I posted today on my blog.

I don't know what either of them mean.

Saviour Onassis said...

I like your dream much better.

Dale said...

I am hyper-aware of its presence, because I know how these things work... I want your dream journal and your regular journal to leaf through sometime. I loved this post Saviour. Now I must go read Holly's dream.