Saturday, June 30, 2007

Firmness and Comfort

I love to sleep and I absolutely hate not being able to do it.

Strange thoughts invade my mind on a nightly basis. In fact, my insomnia had gotten so bad, I felt like Paula Abdul. Needless to say, this is a most disturbing feeling and the realization of such prompted me to seek help.

So, after consulting several therapists, psychics, and dealers of dreams, I am sleeping again. With the aid of a little script I got from my doctor. Not the euphoric stuff I was hoping for, but it seems to do the trick. I was very hesitant to take prescription sleeping aids, because I don't necessarily trust myself to resist having a Neely O'Hara moment."I want a doll! I want a doll!" But so far, they are doing the trick.

My most potent memory regarding this particular subject is one of Madonna. There is a moment in "Truth or Dare" when she groggily rubs her eyes and says: "My sleeping pill hasn't worn off yet, so if I start acting like Joey Heatherton- You'll know why..." I always wondered what exactly she meant by that. After bouncing around in my mind for, oh, fifteen years or so... I finally stumbled upon THIS and suddenly it all made sense.

The perfect combination, you'll love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my sleeping pill hasn't worn off as I read this.... but they're good to have around. I hope you get some sleep.

CondoBlogger said...

I was afraid of my sleep aid too... but then I woke up feeling refreshed, having slept straight through the night for the first time in ages. I've since been able to cut way back on doses and now it's rare that I need a pill to sleep. They just helped to retrain my brain. They did make me talk in my sleep though, so warn any potential bedmates.

Dale said...

The freaks and geeks on
Coast to Coast AM radio
put me to sleep every night. If I had to listen to the voices in my own head, I'd never close my eyes.

One of my many favourite bits that Catherine O'Hara used to do on SCTV was 'Lola' Heatherton. Here she is with Mother Theresa.