Saturday, June 02, 2007

Love Live


So, last night I went to the House of Blues on Sunset Strip to see Linda Perry and, it was no real surprise, special guest: Courtney Love. Perry played some great material of her own before bringing out Love, whom she jokingly said she "discovered." Courtney looked great and has never sounded better. She played about a half an hour, all new material from her forthcoming album, Nobody's Daughter. My favorite song is Pacific Coast Highway, which you can watch the rehearsal of HERE.

After Courtney left the stage, Perry and the band went into a ton of Zeppelin covers and, finally, the original version of the Linda Perry written Beautiful, made famous by Christina Aguilera. I prefer Linda's rendition. All in all it was a great show and makes me excited to hear the new album. Hopefully, the wait is almost over.

1 comment:

Dale said...

I am surprised at how good Courtney looks, nearly as good as you did when you were her. Can it last?